Citizens of countries with which BiH has a visa regime, can enter BiH with a passport and without the obligation to obtain a visa for entry, exit, transit and stay in BiH (up to 30 days) only if they have a valid multiple entry visa or residence permit issued by countries , Schengen Agreement, EU Member States or the United States, and after verification by the BiH Border Police.
Citizens of the Russian Federation enter, go and live in the territory of BiH without a visa, based on valid documents, provided that their total stay in the territory of BiH does not exceed 30 (thirty) days, and thereafter, only in case of obtaining a VISA C additional 60 ( sixty) days, ie a total of 90 days with VISA C. For the entry of citizens of the Russian Federation into the territory of BiH for the purpose of employment, education, treatment, as well as in other similar cases, he must have a valid visa.
If you came to BiH for more than three days, then you should inform the competent police service about your place of residence within 48 hours after entry.
Any foreign citizen who does not have a permanent residence in accordance with BiH laws is considered an illegal migrant, who is also threatened with deportation from BiH with the announcement of measures banning entry into BiH for a period of one to five years. A foreigner will be fined in the amount of 300 convertible marks to 1,500 convertible marks, if he lives in BiH longer than the time specified in the visa or temporary residence permit, or longer than the duration of the exemption from vacation.
In addition to the passport for obtaining a BiH visa, it is necessary to submit:
- profile statement;
- civil passport (copy);
- reason for the request;
- certificate from the place of work or study;
- travel security certificate;
- insurance policies;
- receipts for payment of the visa process
The availability of sufficient funds for the residence of a foreign person in Article 19 of the "Law on Movement and Residence of a Foreign Person and Asylum of BiH" proves as follows:
- You should own cash in domestic or international convertible currency;
- You should own a valid form of non-cash payment, recognized by the banking system of BiH, or funds that enable money in BiH, or guarantees of a bank from BiH, which recognizes non-cash forms of payment, owned by a foreigner;
- You should own a proof of paid accommodation or confirmation of organized travel or other means of immovable property in BiH on the basis of which it is possible to provide means of subsistence for the support of a foreigner during his / her stay in BiH.
A BiH citizen who has the citizenship of another country is not considered to be a foreigner in the territory of BiH. In this way, BiH citizens are not restricted in their residence in the territory of BiH, regardless of entering or leaving BiH, with a valid passport of another country.
Granting permanent residence to foreign nationals can be approved under the following conditions:
- Uninterrupted stay in the territory of BiH, and on the basis of a temporary visa, after that you are obliged to submit an application for a permanent residence permit. Termination of stay is not considered the departure of a foreigner outside BiH for up to 90 days during one year during a temporary stay in BiH.
- has sufficient and regular means of subsistence,
- has adequate accommodation
- health insurance
A foreign person under the age of 14, holding a valid passport, may cross the state border of BiH accompanied by one or both parents, legal representative or guardian, or another person authorized to accompany him, with the signed and certified consent of the parent, guardian or representative, or must have the authority of a parent or legal representative if traveling without parents.
Consent or approval contains: personal data of the minor and legal representative or guardian, personal data of the person with whom he is traveling - if traveling accompanied, purpose and time of stay in BiH, time period for which consent or approval was issued, and signature of the person, provider consents / approval. This document must be written in one of the official languages of BiH or in English with a translation into one of the official languages of BiH, certified by the Court.
A minor foreign person is considered to have the consent of the legal representative, if:
- He travels by plane and gives advice on the maintenance of an unaccompanied minor, issued by the operator of the aircraft,
- As part of a school trip, it is included in the list of members of the school trip, certified by the competent school institution, or
- He / She participates in sporting, cultural or similar events and enters the list of members.
When a minor is accompanied by a parent or adult whose surname differs from the minor's surname, the adult must have a birth certificate or other document when crossing the state border (proof of parenthood, that he fulfills certain legal conditions for crossing the state border of a minor foreign person)
Sometimes the BiH Embassy will refuse a visa application, but this rarely happens. Often the reasons for rejection become:
- Providing an incomplete package of documents;
- Violation of migration rules during previous visits to the country.
- Passport expired;
- Making a false document or false information.
A TEMPORARY RESIDENCE PERMIT , CITIZENSHIP
Residence permit - a document confirming the right to long-term residence in the territory of the state, a person who is not a citizen of that state - or a foreign citizen.
On territory of BiH, the residence permit gives you great opportunities to stay:
- you can stay in the country for a certain period of time
- buy a property
- cross the border an unlimited number of times (to visit the EU, you need to have a visa, because BiH is not yet a member of the EU)
- lead business activities
- get treatment in the country
- education in public or private institutions
To obtain a residence permit is possible not only through marriage, education or work, it is faster than that by opening a legal entity or company. The residence permit needs to be renewed every year within 5 years in order to obtain permanent residence.
- birth certificate
- citizenship certificate
- certificate of marital status - unmarried, unmarried
- a copy of the ID card (passport for foreigners) of the married couple and witnesses
Citizenship is acquired in accordance with the Law on Citizenship of BiH:
- by birth in the territory of BiH,
- through naturalization
- under an international agreement
- Adulthood. Under local law, a person over the age of 18 is considered an adult.
- Accommodation in the territory of the country not shorter than 8 years, you must have a residence permit and live in the territory of BiH for 5 years.
- Own national language.
- No security measure has been imposed on that person to expel a foreign person from the country
- In the last eight years no premeditated crimes convicted to imprisonment for more than 3 years.
- Renunciation of the citizenship of another country.
THE LAUNCH OF OPERATIONS IN BIH
According to the federal law, in the territory of BiH you can register a company of a certain type for business:
- Joint stock company, (d.d.) - joint stock company;
- Limited Liability Company (d.o.o.) - LLC, a limited liability company;
- Company with unlimited joint and several liability (d.n.o.) - a company with unlimited liability;
- Limited partnership (k.d.) - LP, limited liability partnership.
- There are also permanent representative offices, branches and affiliates.
Foreign investors are protected against nationalization, confiscation, and requisition in accordance with applicable laws on damages.
Investment capital is exempt from import duties: cars, machines, vending machines are not included.
Foreign investors can own real estate/properties in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
There are a number of tax exemptions for those foreign investors, who profit from the company's business invested in the development and expansion of the company in the territory of these countries.
There are plenty of opportunities in the country to open a bank account for a non-resident. Non-residents provide a bank card linked to a current account and through the e-banking system. The non-resident account is not subject to reporting to the central bank and is subject to control by the Government of the country. Minimum share capital in the amount of 500 euros (paid immediately upon the establishment of the company (for LLC)
Before establishing a company in BiH, it will be necessary to examine in detail the characteristics of the tax system in that country. In BiH, the following taxes apply:
- Income tax rate: 10%;
- Dividend tax: 0%;
- Tax on all types of capital repatriation: 10%;
- VAT: 17%;
- Environmental tax: 1%.
If during the tax period a company resident in the Federation makes a profit from operations outside the territory of Bosnia and Herzegovina, the profit tax to be paid by that resident in the Federation shall be reduced by the amount of tax paid or to be paid on profits made outside the territory of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
ACQUIRING REAL ESTATE IN BIH
- Search your facility.
- Signing the pre-contract. At this time, the buyer gives a guarantee in the amount of 3-5% of the value of the object.
- Registration of real estate in the land register and in court.
- Payment of the balance for real estate. During this period, the buyer pays a fee of 6%.
BiH differs from the Balkan countries in terms of housing availability. The price of the apartment starts from forty thousand euros, and if you are thinking of buying a house, then it will cost less than sixty thousand euros. The most popular cities for buying a home among foreigners are: Zenica, Banja Luka, Mostar, Tuzla and Sarajevo.
Depending on the choice of region will depend on the price per square meter of that or another object. In Sarajevo, prices start at 650 and end at an average of 1,550 euros per meter2, in Mostar the average price is around 750 euros, in Tuzla - 950 euros.
In the process of buying / selling real estate in Bosnia and Herzegovina, it is obligatory to go through the process of the cadastral commission. In this regard, the price for real estate is calculated per square meter, and depends on the location of the property. Real estate purchase tax is calculated based on the price of the cadastral commission in the amount of 5%.
CROSSING THE BORDER WITH A MOTOR VEHICLE
When driving a vehicle and a trailer registered in another country, the driver must have the following:
- Valid vehicle registration certificate,
- Vehicle registration plates issued by the competent authority of the country in which the vehicle is registered,
- International symbol / sign of the country,
- International document, valid for the territory of BiH (green card or border insurance).
Motor vehicles and vehicles registered in a foreign country must have an international document, which is valid in the territory of BiH (green card). In case the driver did not have this document during the border checks, you can get it at the border crossing.
A power of attorney to drive another vehicle when crossing (entering / exiting) the BiH state border is not required. When driving a vehicle and trailer registered in a foreign country, the driver must have a valid vehicle registration certificate, registration of vehicle markings, issued by the competent authority of the country in which the vehicle is registered, international country code and international insurance document from the car. The responsibility refers to the territory of BiH (green card or border security).
If you are traveling through border crossings in BiH, you must be aware of the following rights and responsibilities with which you, as an individual, will cross the border. Each passenger can carry personal luggage.
As passengers in traffic, the import and export of certain goods is prohibited. However, the applicable regulations in this area allow you to move these goods across the border WITH THE POSSESSION OF CERTAIN NECESSARY PERMITS AND APPROVALS or if the goods are in the permitted quantities, which primarily refers to:
- Goods of a commercial character,
- Guns, ammo and explosives (sports, hunting, military),
- Cultural values, ancient items and artifacts, have historical or other value,
- Narcotic funds, precursors, toxins and other dangerous substances,
- Bills in foreign currency,
- Credit stocks and bonds,
- The species of plants and animals that do not exist
- Material, the contents of which badly affect the welfare and interests of the country.
Without declaration in the land you can declare currency in the amount of up to 10,000 KM (5000 euros)
Without the customs in the country you can bring:
- Personal luggage, if content is not subject to restrictions or bans, and import has no commercial purposes.
- Items non-profit character, including gifts and souvenirs worth up to 200 KM (about 100 euros)
- 200 cigarettes or 250 grams of tobacco
- 2 liters of dry wine
- 1 liter of alcoholic liquor with the content of alcohol over 22% or 2 liter champagne or other alcoholic beverages
- 60ml perfume or 250 milliliter toilet water
Requirements for non-commercial import such as pets in BiH and transit through the territory will apply additional rules to the supervision of such developments.
This set of rules applies to:
- domestic ferrets,
- insects (except bees and crustaceans),
- decorative tropical fish,
- birds (except poultry)
- rodents and domestic rabbits, included in the firmand, for recreation, protection, or to help people.
When moving more than 5 pets (dog, cat) the same must be subjected to all procedures in accordance with
the import procedures.
For crossing the state border house pets must have a passport, i.e., any document, which clearly identify the pet. In the import or transit of dogs, cats, are considered to be identified, if they have:
a. e-identification system (transponder-a microchip).
Regardless of the system of identification, it is necessary to specify information about the name and address of the owner of an animal. Pets must have passport, issued by the veterinarian, authorized by the competent authorities of the country exporters, confirming that the animal was right vaccinated against rabies (animal is not less than 12 weeks of the date of the introduction of the vaccine; the date of introduction of the vaccine must not precede the date marking or read a microchip).
To ensure the identification of domestic animals, imported on the territory of Bosnia and Herzegovina or in transit across the territory of Bosnia and Herzegovina, here are the following measures:
- If you have more than five animals, the import is possible only on the basis of confirmation of the absence of medication and veterinary obstacles to imports, issued by the Veterinary administration.
In the import or transit the owner or person responsible for the animals must present employees of the indirect taxation Authority of BiH passports or medical confirmation, confirmation that the animal meets the requirements of import or transit.
Import drugs for the personal needs of the passengers is not included in the price in amount necessary for the standard therapy, provided after that followed by appropriate medical documentation (transcript history, the permission of the doctor on the prescription). In accordance with the Law on prevention and suppression of abuse of intoxicating drugs persons who cross the state border must not take medicines containing psychotropic substances, only if they are in the medical documentation, in the amount necessary for personal use, a maximum of seven days. Person under therapy addiction or symptomatic treatment in the late stage of malignant disease, during the crossing of the state border, have exclusively medicines containing substances, on the basis of medical documentation and in amount necessary for personal use a maximum of 15 days. While crossing the state border the person is required to inform custom authorities of the exact name and the amount of these medicines.
All passengers who travel, import or export with money value of over 10 000 euros, they must inform custom authorities while crossing the border. In the transport person can carry more than 10 000 euros in cash, and it must be approved by the Ministry of finance of Republic of Srpska or of the Ministry of finance of Federation of BiH.
Foreign citizens, who do not live or reside in the BiH, are required when crossing the state border to present a certificate of vaccination, if they do not have a proof of the vaccination, they are required to present PCR test not older then 48 hours. Person with a place of residence and permanent residence in the BiH, are not required to show certificate of vaccination.
Strani Državljani, koji nemaju mjesto prebivališta i boravišta u BiH, dužni su prilikom prelaska državne granice predočiti potvrdu o vakcinaciji, ukoliko iste nemaju, dužni su predočiti PCR test ne stariji od 48h. Osobe sa mjestom prebivališta i boravišta u BiH, nisu dužni posjedovati potvrdu o vakcinaciji.
After entering the BiH, it is not necessary to go in quarantine.
Masks in a confined space is required to be worne, while in the open space is not, except in the case that it is not possible to keep a distance of 2 meters.
LIST OF COUNTRIES WHOSE CITIZENS DO NOT NEED VISA FOR BIH
The LIST of COUNTRIES WHOSE CITIZENS DO NOT NEED VISA FOR BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA
(This list was last updated 25.2.2019.)
Albania, Andorra, Antigua-Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados, Belgium, Brazil, Brunej, Bulgaria, Montenegro, China, Czech Republic, Chile, Denmark, Dominica, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Grenada, Georgia, Guatemala, Holland, Honduras, Croatia, Ireland, Iceland, East Timor, Italy, Israel, Japan, Canada, Qatar, Cyprus, Kiribati, Colombia, Korea - Republic Of, Costa Rica, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Hungary, Macedonia, Malaysia, Malta, Maltese knights order, Maršalska Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Mikronezija, Monaco, Moldova, Nicaragua, New Zealand, Norway, Germany, Oman, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia*, Salvador, Samoa, San Marino, Seychelles, Singapore, United States, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomonska Islands, Serbia, the World Lucius, Holy see, Saint. Christopher and Nevis, Saint. Vincent and Grenadini, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tonga, Trinidad-Tobago, Turkey, Tuvalu, UK of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Ukraine**, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Venezuela.
Tag * 30 days within every 60 days, starting from the date of first entry
Tag ** to 30 days within a period of two months from the date of first entry
Nationals of countries which have the visa regime may stay up to 30 days in the BiH without a visa with the condition that they possess multiple visas or residence permit issued in the countries that are parties to the Schengen agreement, member countries of the European Union or the United States. Such visas or residence permits must be issued at least 30 days longer from the date of entry into our country.